Call the funeral home at (401) 949-0180. We will set up a time for the Arrangement Conference to discuss the type of funeral services you would like to plan. We will coordinate all the funeral arrangements. At the Arrangement Conference the following biographical information will be gathered for newspaper notices, the death certificate, church or clergy and cemetery or crematory:
- Full Name (include middle and maiden name)
- Address/Mailing Address
- Social Security Number
- Birthplace - Date of Birth
- Name of Parents (include mother's maiden name)
- Ethnic origin
- Marital Status/Spouse's name
- Employment Status - Retired, presently employed
- Usual Occupation - Employer
- Length of time employed, year date of retirement
- City and state of residence
- Deceased family members (some newspapers list these relatives)
Veteran's Service Record:
Most veterans service information can be obtained from the DD214 (discharge papers)
- Date and Place of Entry
- Date and Place of Discharge • Rank at Time of Discharge
- Service Serial Number or Claim Number
There must be a decision regarding interment. Is there a need to purchase a cemetery lot? Can an existing family plot he used? Is there an interest in a Contemporary Cremation? Will the cremated remains be interred in a cemetery or will they be returned to the family in an Urn?
The following information will be necessary to open an existing cemetery lot.
- Cemetery Name
- Lot Number
- Section Number
- Last Interment Date
Will there be services in a church or at the funeral home? Please supply name of church or clergy.
Many people opt to specify donations to a favorite cause, others will accept flowers. The funeral home will arrange to order flowers for you or you may contact your own florist directly.
Men or women may be pallbearers. The minimum number of bearers is four. You can use 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 bearers. If there are others that would like to participate, they can be honorary bearers.
We always suggest a long sleeve outfit with a modest neckline for a woman and a suit for a man. Possibly something that they would wear to church or out to dinner. It should reflect the individual's taste. Please provide undergarments when possible. Shoes may be worn, if desired, but are not necessary.
A recent photograph can be used in the newspaper with the obituary or it may be used by the hairdresser for reference.
Other Things to Consider:
Charlene or Tom will guide you through all the necessary arrangements and see that you have attended to everything you need.
- You may feel more comfortable with a family member or close friend answering the door or taking phone calls.
- Coordinate supply of food for the next several days.
- Consider special needs of the household, such as cleaning, which might be done by friends.
- After the funeral you may need to do the following;
- If Social Security checks are direct deposited, notify the bank of the death.
- Notify insurance companies.
- Check all fire and casualty insurance and death benefits, including Social Security, credit unions, trade unions, employment, fraternal and military.
- Check on all debts and installment payments, including credit cards. Some may carry insurance clauses that will cancel them. If there is a delay in meeting payments, consult with creditors and ask for time before the payments are due.
- If the deceased was living alone, notify utilities and landlord and tell post office where to send the mail.
We would be happy to answer any of your questions that may not be mentioned
on our website just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org